Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 2

Well, I am very happy to say that I slept for close to 7 hours last night! (Or, yesterday afternoon and evening, I should say.)

It felt strange to wake up at 10:15 PM and start getting ready for the day. But, when we went outside in the dark and walked to the cafeteria for breakfast, we just pretended that it was really early in the morning. We had another orientation meeting to start our day. We also talked more about the 21-day Daniel fast and why the IHOP-KC leadership team is doing this now.

Here are a few of the reasons why I want to join them:

  • I really want to encounter the love of God in a fresh way.
  • I want to seek Him wholeheartedly and remove all of the distractions that are already coming up in my mind and in my heart.
  • I want greater revelation of who God is and who He says I am
  • I want to believe God
  • I want to intercede for breakthrough for my family, my friends, R2HOP, my city, my country and the world.

We spent 4 hours in the prayer room between 2 and 6 AM and I really enjoyed it! Our first watch was worship in the Word and it felt very sweet. Our second watch was intercession and it was really fun when Dale prayed for the FITN interns because I am one of them. I didn't go up when he called for rapid fire prayer because so many other people did, but I know that I will, one of these days…

I had to get some coffee after lunch. Unfortunately, they had only instant coffee at breakfast and I am too much of a coffee snob for that to be a possibility. We are interviewing people in the apartments in our building to see if anyone has one that they are not using. Otherwise, we may have to resort to buying one so that we don't spend all of our money in the coffee shop.

We spent our "afternoon" at a local park and enjoyed some sunshine. I was lucky enough to play kickball and participate in a large game of Red Rover. Kickball is even better than I remembered! Red Rover, however, should only be played by consenting adults. It is clear to me why school children are no longer allowed to play this game. Several people, including me, were clothes-lined while trying to break through and it hurts your arm, wrist and hand when you cling to someone else's while trying to keep a third person from crashing through. But, I am sure that only doing these types of activities outside could have kept us awake until dinner.

I am now getting ready for bed, even though it is 2:10 PM, because lights-out happens at 3:00 PM. And, I'm VERY excited to be going to sleep! I haven't felt that tired, but definitely fuzzy. Hopefully, I will adjust to this schedule quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment